Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ignorance is bliss and awareness is hell

Excuse any crazy errors I have, i recently began to blog from my phone and I haven't quite figured this app out yet ha (including addi n pictures, but as always in have links to my fb page and my Instagram if your interested you should check them out.

However I'm hit hard today by the lack of compassion from a few rididculous healthy people, but also blown away by the love and support from people who either live a chronic lifestyle or took time to understand it.

As I wrote previously, I was apprehensive about being open with my C.F. in school as I was bullied pretty hard at times for being sick. I was hoping that being in a class of adults they would have common decency. They almost did. One classmate had argued that my illness was no excuse for the things I haven't been able to do. Like I'm lazy, like I just gave up and there's no excuse for me to be 25 in a GED class (I suppose he forgot he's in the same class??)

It got to me. I left for a bit and calmed down on the bathroom. Came back to class amd continued to pay attention only to my work at hand.

My point here is that ignorance is bliss. When you dont know the facts it's easy to go gung ho on your position and not acknowledge another person's points or struggle. (Which he ironically showed when he refused to do an assignment because he didn't like the side of the prompt he was given....hes gonna go far).

Awareness isn't any easier. Knowing the truths and struggles and having them thrown in your face as an "excuse" Can be heartbreaking. I picked myself up. I realized I'm sick, on iv antibiotics , juggling hours of treatment a day, keeping up a fitness routine, managing my general health, helping my family, keeping an amazing social life, and showing up to class on time doing my work and most importantly : being a bad ass bitch who doesn't need to take that.

This man will struggle with social situations and in a work place setting with an attitude like that. Downplay my life, call me lazy, but walk a day in my shoes.

I got this. I fight hard and I show no mercy. I will succeed. Watch me kick ass while waiting for a double lung transplant, then look me in the eyes and tell me my illness is invalid.

Haters gon hate.

No comments: