Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Why i hate your healthy Valentines Day.

This isn't really a Valentines day post so stay with me for a minute! i know many people don't recognize Valentines day as a "real holiday" and maybe its not, but i like the idea of a day centered around love and showing the ones you love just how much you care about them. I think that people get so busy that sometimes they forget to tell the people around them how much they really mean. Keep in mind i said i like the idea. I hate the day.

Its hard to find someone who will stick by your side through all the doctors and hospitals, all the sick days, and all the physical limitations (my sinuses are shot so if you wanna kiss me more than twice i wont be able to breathe so just relax bud). That's getting ahead of myself though, first i need someone willing to date me and who wont run for the hills after a little while. Have you ever tried getting a date with oxygen on your face?? Its not easy (except for that awkward month when "The Fault In Our Stars" came out and everyone decided they just had to talk to me).

Sure there are people out there who can look past all of that and love someone who's chronically ill and support them and care for them but it can be hard to find that person. Personally my illness has ended almost every relationship Ive ever had whether it be the hospitals and constantly being sick or things like having kids and being around to watch my family grow like a healthy woman could. So while i like the idea of the day, seeing all the posts from my friends about how they spent valentines day with the love of their life admittadly makes me a little salty (pun intended!).

I haven't given up compeltely though. I've seen love make it through the worst of the worst and i mean its not like Ive been single forever. Theres someone out there who can deal!! Love and relationships are complicated for any 25 year old with or without medical problems messing it all up. Plus with everything i have going on maybe a date with my dog on the couch with a big glass of wine is really all i need this year anyways!! (Fingers still crossed for a box of chocolate though!)

No comments: