Tuesday, December 13, 2016

12/13/2016

Dear everyone,
I am devastated to tell you that my sister Rachel passed away early this morning in her sleep.
As many of her friends will know, Rachel struggled recently to find comfort and relaxation through her daily pains and worries. However, she spent her last days at home and enjoyed preparing for the holidays. She passed in her sleep while snuggling with Nighthawk.
Rachel loved life. She loved especially her niece and nephew, her family and friends. She left us too soon, and I know that many of you will feel the way I feel- shock and great sadness that future events will be less lively and wonderful without her there. Already, truly, I feel a deep loss in that so much of my identity consisted of jokes, imitations, and fun things that were only shared with her. I am thankful for the time I got to spend with her and thankful that she had such great family and friends.

We will have a memorial service on the evening of December 30th, place and time to be announced. There will be a Google Drive where photos can be uploaded and displayed at the event. The link will be added to this post shortly, so please check back here in the next couple days. 

4 comments:

Wendy Caroline said...

I love you so much. You were the best blogging buddy I could have asked for.

The Craftsman said...

We came across the existence of Rachel only by the means of the announcement of her passing. We ( at the firehouse) can empathize with those left behind. We immediately recognized the sense of humor present in Rachel's life that coexisted with the all to real possibility of an early passing. It's a special type of humor that allows you to laugh with reserve. Damn the consequences. Ass vac? Never will we forget that. To those left behind, we offer this. Those who have passed are never gone. They impacted and changed those around them in life, and death does not erase those influences. Those influences will then move onto others, through friends and family, like ripples in water. Rachel will be present in her niece and nephew just as she wished.
Even after passing she impacted a whole station full of grown men. Our thoughts are with you this Holiday Season. God Bless.
And please post directions for the game 'Juj' if possible.

Danielle Gordon said...

I am so sorry.

Jon said...

I am so sry I'm so sad I have cf to me here away used to talk. I just saw the other day she passed my love goes out to her