Sunday, January 17, 2016

Rachel Whidden : Chronic Bad Ass, Salty Girl Extraordinaire, & Now Superstar Blogger.

All through grade school, middle school, and high school i did everything i could to seem normal and i laughed off the comments like "are you really sick again??" "go have another cigarette geez!!" because i didnt wanna be the sick girl. I didnt want anyone to know that i had Cystic Fibrosis and i went to some pretty great lengths to hide it.

These days are a little bit different. These days i post the ugly pictures with chest tubes and oxygen masks i post about the fact that i just coughed up a bucket of mucus because not only am i sick of hiding but ive come to realize just how important it is to spread awareness. People tend to think CF is like asthma or COPD, some even get worried its contagious and that ill somehow spread it to them. Ive become quite an advocate for awareness these last few years and im always looking for opportunities to spread more, which brings me to my main point and the most exciting news ive had in such a very long time : im starting a blog for CBS!!! 

Im so honored that my attitude, and my story stood out to a wonderful woman who found me through my Instagram (the link to which is on the side of my blog, under my bio!!! Check it out!!) and gave me an amazing offer to write about what its like being 25 and living with this chronic illness!!! Ill get to share with the world what life is like when your sick and watching the world move on around you, what it feels like to see your friends and family reach their goals and achieve success knowing that you could too but your illness and health need to be your priority. The urge to live life to the fullest and spend every second you can living it up and loving and laughing till it hurts. Ill have a chance to spread awareness about CF and what it is and how it effects us!! Its starting as a trial thing and well see if it takes off but im almost done with my first post (just gotta add a few things and edit it a little bit ha) and im sending it in on Tuesday!!! Ill be posting the link to it on here when i make posts as itll be totally separate and have totally different posts! So now youll have 2 of my blogs to read hahaha yay you!! Im very grateful and excited to start this new project and i cant wait to see where it leads!! 

No comments: